- Will you be offering delivery over the Easter long weekend?
- Yes. We will offer delivery on Thursday 1, Friday 2, Sunday 4 and Monday 5 April (these are the days after Market trade days).
- Is there a minimum or maximum order value?
- No, there is no minimum or maximum order value.
- My favourite trader is not listed online. Can I still order with them?
- You can only order from the participating traders listed on this website. Participating traders can be viewed on the Trader Directory. More traders are being added to the site each month, so be sure to check back regularly.
- Can I place an order for delivery for a future date?
- Yes. At the checkout you will be provided with a calendar of dates available for delivery in your area.
- Can I collect my order from the Market?
- Unfortunately we do not currently offer a Click & Collect service.
- Where can I get a copy of my tax invoice / receipt?
- A copy of your order confirmation and a tax invoice will be emailed to you upon completion of the online transaction. If you have an account, you can also access all order receipts when logged in.
- How much does it cost?
- To place an order with South Melbourne Market Direct, you will be charged an administration fee of $3.99 and credit card fee of 1.79%. These charges appear as the 'Transaction Fee' on your invoice.
- A fee for home delivery will be calculated at the checkout based on the delivery postcode. Delivery to metro Melbourne is $15 and delivery to greater Melbourne and regional areas costs $20.
- Can I use a stall gift voucher online?
- No, unfortunately our online shopping platform does not accept individual stall gift vouchers.
- Who do I contact for more information about a product? E.g. ingredients, style, taste, size etc.
- Please contact the stall / trader directly with any enquiries. Their contact details can be found on the Trader Directory page.
- The product I normally order is not listed online. Can I still order this?
- You can only order the products listed on this website. Our traders will be regularly updating their product listing so chat to them directly about getting your favourite products online.
- How will my products be packaged?
- Our traders will package your goods as they would if you were buying them in-store. If you are ordering a large amount of goods, these might be delivered in boxes. If you have any concerns or special requests regarding the packaging of your goods, we advise you to contact the stall / trader in advance with your requests.
- Can I get alcohol delivered?
- Yes, alcohol is available to purchase for delivery for customers aged 18 or over as per Australian alcohol laws. Customers must be home for delivery and show the driver proof of age with valid ID (Passport or Australian Drivers Licence) upon request. Anyone who cannot provide valid ID upon request will be refused delivery of the product and items returned to the stall / trader.
- Can I place an order for delivery for a future date?
- Yes. At the checkout you will be provided with a calendar of dates available for delivery in your area (up to seven days in advance).
- Is there same day delivery?
- No, we do not currently offer this service, but hope to re-introduce it in the near future.
- Where do you deliver to?
- We deliver to all of metro Melbourne, greater Melbourne and selected regional areas. Available areas and days of delivery are listed below.
|Outer Melbourne East||x|
|Outer Melbourne West||x||x|
- Please check the postcode checker on the website homepage to check if we deliver to your area.
- Is there a delivery fee?
- Yes. Delivery to metro Melbourne is $15 and delivery to greater Melbourne and regional areas costs $20.
- How do I know when to expect my order?
- You will receive an SMS when your order is dispatched from the Market and provided with an estimated time of arrival for delivery and a link to track your order.
- Do I have to be home to receive my order?
- No, you do not need to be home to recieve your order and our delivery drivers will leave your goods in a safe place at your address. Please note that any chilled or frozen items are left in standard (non-insulated) packaging and may spoil if left unattended. We strongly recommend being home to accept your order if it contains perishable goods. South Melbourne Market Direct will not be responsible for any loss (including theft) of delivered products or their spoilage following delivery.
- When placing your order, you have the option at checkout to provide delivery instructions to your driver. If you have specified that someone needs to be home to receive your order, and our delivery service provider is unable to reach you, your order will be returned and re-delivery charges as well as the cost of perishables may apply.
- Do I need to do anything to prepare for delivery?
- Please ensure our delivery team can access the property and get your order to your door safely. This may include clearing a safe path, providing adequate lighting and securing pets.
- How can I cancel my order?
- Once you have finalised payment and clicked confirm order, you are unable to cancel your order.
Refunds, Returns and Missing Items
- I have received my order, but there is a product missing. What do I do?
- Please contact the stall / trader directly to arrange re-delivery or collection of the missing item, or a refund. Contact details for our traders can be found on your order or our Trader Directory page.
- Can I return my items for a refund or exchange?
- Terms vary per trader, so please contact the stall / trader you purchased from to provide feedback if you have received goods that are not to standard or not as advertised. Contact details for our traders can be found on your order or our Trader Directory page.